Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pork Chop Flu

So, the H1N1/Swineflu/PorkChopFlu/MassHysteriaforNOREASON has hit my town, prompting our schools to be shut down. Best part? They won't let anyone in the buildings which means I can't feel guilty for not going in and getting work done. Luckily, we only have to make up 2 of any days we miss thanks to snow and cold days this past winter. Meantime, I'm getting plenty of rest and killing all germs with large amounts of beer, rum, and tequila. And from the looks of randomly going out to a bar in the next town last night, plenty of my fellow colleagues are doing the same thing.

When I'm not spending all of my disposable do-re-mi on booze, I'm planning on reading and working out. I finally bought weights a few weeks ago so I was able to finally eat the large can of baked beans and jar of pasta sauce I had been using as weights. I had to go back down to level one on my workout dvds because my arms just could not do levels one and two with the weights. I'm planning on going back up to level two mid-week after my two week vacation back at level one. Dear boyfriend just got a text asking why the hell I was killing myself again for no reason? We'll see what he comes back with. I'm guessing it's going to be either "Aruba Baby" or "Cuz you look hot with your new muscles." All I know is my pants no longer fit because my legs now have muscles. Who knew working out would cause me to go from a size two to a size four? That's pissin me off because I have a closet and a half full of size twos and I don't really want to have to replace them!

In other news, it's my Mom's birthday this weekend. My Dad is taking my Mom, dear boyfriend, and I out to dinner tonight to celebrate it AND he's buying pizza, beer, and cake tomorrow night on her actual birthday. I've got to figure out something to get her this weekend and next weekend for Mother's Day. Mom won't let us buy her one big gift to cover both events. I'm thinking a small pot of flowers for one and begging for forgiveness for the other one.

No comments: