Friday, March 27, 2009

Random Thoughts From My Week Alone

Holy crap, where did my week go? I got almost everything accomplished on my checklist except get my hair cut. That got postponed until next Monday because the hairdresser's mother in law had a stroke out of state. Instead, I replaced it with a 3 hour trip to the DMV to get my address changed on my license. Boy, if you want to feel good about yourself, go spend some time at your local DMV. Between all the douchebaggy high school kids, the senior citizens with canes and hearing aides, and white trash people, you should leave there feeling lucky. Feeling lucky, you say? Why? 1) You aren't in high school, you aren't dressed like an idiot, and you don't act like you are from The Hills, 2) You feel lucky that you are young enough still that you do not have to have the need of a cane or hearing aide, and 3) You just generally aren't white trash.

My sister was home this week on spring break and it was quite nice to be able to spend some time with her. She and I have a relationship where we are close, yet we end up fighting most of the time. I'm proud to report there was zero fighting this week. We went to IKEA together with my Mom, she helped me hang pictures, and she went curtain shopping with me this week.

I finally got curtains up! My apartment has tons of windows for it's shoebox size (I had to buy 10 panels for a studio apartment). I haven't slept in almost a month. I live on a semi-busy street now and there are quite a few cars that drive by all night long. Additionally, there is a mini-strip mall across the street and semi-trucks full of supplies show up early Monday through Saturday. On top of the noise, there are about 3 street lights that manage to shine right into my apartment and create a spotlight on my bed. Dear boyfriend ends up sleeping with a pillow over his face. I ended up buying those thermal lined, black out, noise reducing curtains. They work! It can be a sunny day out and if all the curtains are drawn, I have to turn on a light to read a book. I'm hoping since the windows are ancient that the thermal, energy efficient part of them will kick in and lower my heating/cooling bills. I'm hoping to take some pictures of it as soon as I find my camera.

The boyfriend comes back from his spring break trip to Colorado tomorrow. He has been sending random pictures of the scenery there all week, trying to convince me to eventually move there with him. I keep telling him no because they just had a blizzard there this week. I also keep reminding him I don't do cold weather very well and I don't like to do things outside in the cold. I am also blaming him for bringing back the snow with him. It hasn't snowed here in over a month, yet the day he comes back from skiing, we're supposed to get 8 freakin inches of snow. Mother Nature, need I remind you that Wednesday is APRIL FIRST?!?

Side note, Memphis screwed me in the tournament last night. I was in 3rd place in my pool (out of 58 people I might add) and was in great shape to win the whole damn thing. I really could have used the $450. Stupid Memphis.

1 comment:

misguided mommy said...

I am seriously convinced every nasty dirty weirdo in my town goes to the DMV, every time I go in, even in jeans and a t shirt I feel high class and fancy compared to the people there.